Child Support Enforcement Central

To visit the CSPC website, click here.

How to Check Payment Status

The court does not keep track of or send support checks. All support checks are issued through Ohio’s Child Support Payment Central, P.O. Box 182372, Columbus, Ohio 43218-2372. You may call 1-800-860-2555 24 hours a day to see if a payment has been posted to your account. You will need to enter your social security number.

How to Enforce Child Support

The way to bring any of these problems to the attention of the court is file a motion to show cause. The motion must be filed in the same court that ordered the payment of child support. You have three means to file a motion to show cause:

  1. Seek the services of the attorney of your choice,
  2. Contact the Montgomery County Support Enforcement Agency (SEA) at (937) 225-4600, to see if your case qualifies for referral to the Montgomery County Prosecutor’s Office, or
  3. File a motion to show cause on your own. The motion must refer to the specific court order that is being violated, and comply with Local Rule 4.42 in all aspects. An affidavit must be attached to the motion stating how and when the order was violated. After your motion is served on the non-custodial parent, the motion will be set for hearing. You will be given a chance at the hearing to present evidence to support your motion. However, please understand that you will be required to present this evidence according to the Ohio Rules of Evidence and all applicable state and local rules. It is recommended that you consider retaining an attorney to represent you because during the hearing, the Judge or Magistrate cannot help you while you are presenting your case.

Additional Links
©2024 Copyright All Rights Reserved · Website designed by Montgomery County Clerk of Courts