E-Filing System Maintenance on 1/14/22-1/17/22The Montgomery County Common Pleas E-Filing System will be down for a system upgrade beginning at 5:00 PM EST on Friday, January 14th. We anticipate that the upgrade should be completed no later than 7:00 AM EST on Tuesday, January 18th. This upgrade will allow for electronic filing of documents for Montgomery County Domestic Relations Court in the near future!
Montgomery County Clerk of Courts
A Message from Mike Foley
Welcome to the Montgomery County Clerk of Courts website – our goal is to assist everyone in the most efficient and professional manner possible. The Clerk’s Office is committed to making both Customer Service & Technology our top priorities! If there is anything we can do to improve your experience, we’d love to hear from you in our Customer Comments Section.
Welcome to the Montgomery County Clerk of Courts
The Montgomery County Clerk of Courts is a complex organization that serves the Common Pleas Court, General Division; Domestic Relations Court; County Municipal Courts; and the Second District Court of Appeals. The Auto Title Division offers a wide variety of services including titling of motor vehicles and processing passport applications.
Functions of the Clerk's Office
- Receive, docket, index, certify, and preserve the pleadings, court orders, and other legal documents that are filed with the courts
- Serve court papers as required by law and as directed by the parties
- Furnish preliminary case schedules and notices of hearings
- Issue such writs as summonses, subpoenas, warrants, and executions
- Receive, account for, and disburse deposits of money to cover court costs, fines, fees, and restitution according to statute and court order
- Issue Certificates of Title for automobiles, motorcycles, mobile homes, travel trailers, campers, motor homes, and watercraft
- Process U.S. passport applications as an authorized Passport Acceptance Agency